Dr Gary McKay is a Colorectal & General Surgeon from Sydney's Lower North Shore who specialises in colorectal cancer surgery. He is a fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS), a full member of the Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New-Zealand (CSSANZ), and is accredited with the Gastrointestinal Enterological Society of Australia (GESA) for training in gastroscopy and colonoscopy.
Dr McKay is committed to providing you with the latest safe, minimally-invasive surgical techniques, including endoscopic surgery, and transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEMs & TAMIS). He is also a keen advocate of key-hole colorectal surgery. Dr McKay also performs robotic surgery using the da Vinci robot for low rectal cancers and rectopexy with this new technology allowing for better 3D vision, and more precise surgical technique. Dr McKay is also a general surgeon with high level skills in laparoscopic hernia repair, gallbladder surgery, and most general surgery.
Dr McKay has a “no-gap” policy for patients having direct-access booking of endoscopy and colonoscopy.
Dr McKay practices at North Shore Specialist & Crows Nest Day Hospitals, Westmead, St George, Holroyd and Waratah Private Hospitals.
- Bach. Med (Newcastle).
- Member CSSANZ
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons.
- Member of the Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand.
- Gastrointestinal Enterological Society of Australia (GESA)
- Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy.
- Endoscopic surgery (EMR and ESD).
- Colorectal surgery.
- Key Hole (Laparoscopic and Robotic) surgery.
- Perianal Fistulae.
- Key Hole Inguinal Hernia Repair.
- General Surgery
- North Shore Specialist Day Hospital
- Crows Nest Day Hospital
- Westmead Private Hospital
- St George Private Hospital
- Waratah Private Hospital
- Holroyd Private Hospital
- Shop 1, 38 Pacific Highway, St Leonard’s NSW 2065.
- Suite 6, Westmead Private Hospital, Cnr Mons and Darcy Road, Westmead, NSW 2145.
- Suite 201, Level 2, Waratah Private Hospital, 31 Dora St, Hurstville, NSW, 2220.